Fresh Bibb lettuce and mixed lettuce are currently being grown hydroponically, pesticide free, in our greenhouse. When you take it home, it will still have the roots attached. Just place it in a decorative bowl and put it on your kitchen counter or table, or leave in the bag in the refridgerator. It will stay as fresh as the day you bought it for up to three weeks!! Use for salads, sandwich toppings, or to feed your bunny!
Hydroponics is one of the most efficient and environmentally safe ways to garden.
- The plants absorb only what they need to grow and thrive.
- Since water is applied directly to the roots, and unused water is recycled back through the system, no water is wasted.
- There is no soil, so molds and diseases are eliminated without using chemicals.
- No soil means no weeds, which means no spraying for weeds.
- Pests are not a concern.
- No fertilizer runoff into water tables.
- Studies have shown that hydroponically produced plants are more nutritional and better tasting.
If you would like to see our hydroponics system in action, just ask any member of our staff. We would be more than happy to show you. We also can give a talk/tour to any group or organization. Email us for details.
We also grow mixed baby gourmet greens in our greenhouse. While not grown hydroponically, it is grown without chemicals or pesticides. The greens are a mix of mesclun mix lettuce, spinach, arugula, kale, herbs and viola flowers.
OUR GARDEN CENTER
Wed 9 – noon (no pre-order necessary unless you need several bags)
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 9-noon if ordered 24 hours or more in advance
(call 738-0040 Mon-Fri 9-noon to place orders)
Oxford Farmers’ Market Uptown
Saturday mornings 9-noon in November
third Saturday of month 9-noon starting in December
Northside Farmers’ Market
Moon Co Op in Oxford
Mon – Sat 9 AM – 8 PM
Sun 10 AM – 6 PM